8.05.2011

NUANCE New Line by Salma Hayek

Salma Hayek's new line, Nuance, was just released to my store with samples. First off I must say that I LOVE the Dark Cacao and Coffee Firming Body Cream. Being a fan of both smells, I was in heaven wearing the sample all day. However, and this for me is a big however, I wouldn't pay the $15 for it. Even with an employee discount I'm not the type to spend so much on a body lotion.

There is also a tinted moisturizer, shampoos, conditioners, a body wash and body scrub, and a small selection of make-up. Although some of the shampoos look intriguing (one is honey, another quinoa *protein*, and mamey fruit), by looks I am unimpressed by the make-up. The point to the line is subtlety, and was developed with Salma's grandmother, a cosmetologist who used natural- and tribal-inspired cosmetics and remedies, in mind. The colors in the make-up are simple and unobtrusive, but I could easily find duplicates among the colors of L'oreal, Revlon, and Covergirl. This may just be a personal thing, but I also don't really like the advertising photo:

To me, for a woman of her undeniable beauty, this photo doesn't do her justice.

Now, for something I've been using for a few weeks and really love, Burt's Bees Naturally Ageless day lotion. It's full of antioxidants from pomegranate. It's completely natural and feels so soothing after my toner in the morning. It (obviously) smells amazing and works really well when I mix it with my foundation to create my own tinted moisturizer. Definitely worth the $23 I paid for it. Especially considering you get 2 oz, which is more than you usually get for the same price. Also a plus- it has a pump. No squeezing a tube to get the last bit out.

I know I'm 22, but I don't think it's ever too early to start using creams marketed for older skin. Prevention is better than Botox. I would probably not use something with Retinol, but anything that preserves the youthful glow of your skin can't be bad. The more antioxidants, the better! No more reliable way to combat free radicals that age your skin (except maybe drinking water, which matches antioxidants in potency).

Now, about my thrift finds- I can't decide how best to photograph them. I have no photographer, so modeling them would pose a challenge (haha pun NOT intended). But it's hard to get the effect of a nice jacket or a skirt without seeing them on a body. Maybe I'll find someone to model them for me...I promise to figure it out within the week. Have a loooovely day! (think Home Alone 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...